Re: YDL Install on a Cube

Subject: Re: YDL Install on a Cube
From: Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 18:24:56 MST

You can add a line like the following to each of your "image" lines in
/etc/yaboot.conf :

        append="video=aty128fb:vmode:14"

After doing that, make sure you re-run 'ybin' at the command prompt (as root):

        /usr/sbin/ybin -v

Now you will not need to type that in every time you boot :)

To get X working, make sure you have the Xautoconfig-0.14-2a package
installed. To check if you have, do this at the command prompt:

        rpm -qa | grep Xauto

This should print out:

        Xautoconfig-0.14-2a

If you don't see the above, you don't have the package installed. To install
it, do the following as root:

        yup install Xautoconfig

Once this is done, try running:

        Xautoconfig4

This will generate a basic /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file. You should be able to
start X windows by typing:

        startx

-- Avinash Gupta (agupta@mediaone.net)