Re: Mail server question

Subject: Re: Mail server question
From: Terry Allen (hmag@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Sun Dec 30 2001 - 21:13:12 MST

>On YDL, the imap-2000c-10.ppc.rpm provides a POP daemon. See
>http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/yellowdog/1.0/updates/yellowdog-2.0/ppc/RPMS/imap-
>2000c-10.ppc.html
>for more info and links.
>Works fine for me.
>
>If you're not happy with that, you could look at qpopper from
>Qualcomm, which I think is still free.
>
>Are you not getting any POP service?
>
>At 12:42 PM +1100 12/30/01, Terry Allen wrote:
>>Hi again,
>> I have YDL 2.1 installed after an 'Everything' installation. I need
>>it to do server duties & noticed in the Sendmail FAQ, that it only does
>>SMTP duties. Is there something that's installed with YDL that does POP
>>serving? Or will I need to go & find some other app? Suggestions most
>>welcome & thanks for any assistance.
>
>--
>Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Hi again,
        Thanks for your feedback - no, I'm not getting any POP service,
from a remote client machine - will look into this further with yours &
other suggestions. Many thanks again.

        Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
        hEARd
        c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
        The Entrance
        NSW 2261
        Australia

Internet -
        WWW:
        http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
        http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au

Non profit promotion for new music
Also, check out the Educate site - http://www.educate.net.au