Re: Mail server question

Subject: Re: Mail server question
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 07:27:39 MST

On the contrary - POP is Post office protocol, which is the mechanism
by which you can pick up mail from a remote machine, such as a mail
server. So when you use a mail client to "Check your mail", you point
it at a POP server; the POP server asks your client for a username
and password; the client provides it; and the POP server surrenders
your mail to you.

--
Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet) For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."