PPC-specific Linux book (was "exit shell; logout? shutdown?")

Subject: PPC-specific Linux book (was "exit shell; logout? shutdown?")
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 09:24:28 MST

AFAIK, there are only two PPC-specific Linux books;

1. "Getting Started with Yellow Dog Linux" --> just published and now
shipping. Check the YDL website or support your favorite dealer. I don't
remember seeing anyone post a book report yet.

2. "MkLinux: Microkernal Linux for Power Macintoshes" --> published in
1997(?), includes MkLinux DR3 CD. Both the book and distro are
*EXTREMELY* out of date. I know of no one recommending purchasing this.

YDL is based on Red Hat distros, so general Linux books and RH-based
books are usually good enough to learn the basics. Specific PPC-related
info you'll have to mine the YDL archives and/or post to this list.

Speaking of archives, the "what Linux books do you recommend?" question
gets asked regularly (including just a couple weeks ago), so searching
will reveal some favorite titles.

Have fun.

Pete

    .-. Pete Peters