RE: YDL compatibility with CPU upgrade cards

Subject: RE: YDL compatibility with CPU upgrade cards
From: Pete Peters (ppeters914@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Dec 31 2001 - 11:33:50 MST

If search the archives, you will find many posts regarding issues &
solutions to using upgrade cards. You should also search on "7500" to
see if there are any issues specific to that model Mac.

That said, I can say that I am successfully (other than unaccelerated
video...sigh) running YDL 1.2.1 w/ a custom 2.2.18 kernal on my
PPC9500/150 w/ a PowerLogix G3/400 card.

Go for it. I couldn't believe the performance difference when moving
from the 604 to the G3, even if it's only in my mind. <g>

Pete