Re: Farallon 10/100 the answer?

Subject: Re: Farallon 10/100 the answer?
From: Jeff Tupholme (jeff.tupholme@openmethods.com)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 14:59:38 MST

I am not sure what driver is in use. I have not had to add anything to the
system, mine is just a standard install of YDL CS 1.2 direct from the
CD-ROM.

I am not sure either how to activate eth1. Is it just a matter of making
the necessary changes via route and also in the etc/sysconfig/network file?

I don't seem to have netcfg (assuming this is a command), but I do have
netconfig. However, this is the same as the installation sequence, and
there seems to be no option to say which eth you want to use - 0 is used by
default. What would netcfg allow me to do?

Thanks for any advice.

Jeff

>It would be easier to use netcfg to check out the interface. Are you using
>the 'tulip' driver as a module or is it compiled in? Do you get any
>messages in the system log when trying to activate eth1?
>
> Iain
>
>on 1/2/01 7:11 am, Jeff Tupholme at jeff.tupholme@openmethods.com wrote:
>

>> Picking up this thread from a couple of months ago...
>>
>> I have just re-installed YDL CS 1.2 on my PowerCenterPro 210, now with
>> Farallon NetLINE 10/100 PCI card (PN993-TX) installed.
>>
>> The card was not mentioned during the network stage of the installation
>> process (the background console showed that eth0 was being used), but
>> during boot-up of the working system it is shown as eth1. If if use
>> ifconfig, I see eth0 and lo but no eth1.
>>
>> I am not sure if this qualifies as a success or not! At least the card is
>> detected and recognised. I think there is something I should do to
>> configure the system to make it available (i.e., so I can see it in
>> ifconfig), because as I understand it I could then start to use it (e.g.,
>> in route configuration).
>>
>> Any advice on the right next step, and how to take it, would be much
>> appreciated.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jeff

>>> Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 10:42:35 -0500
>>> To: Jeff Tupholme <jeff.tupholme@openmethods.com>
>>> From: Stefan Jeglinski <jeglin@4pi.com>
>>> Subject: Re: eth0 dies by ping - Farallon 10/100 tha answer?

>>> Please let the list know what success (or not) you have with the
>>> Farallon 10/100.
>>>

>>> Stefan Jeglinski

Jeff Tupholme, Open Methods Limited

email: jeff.tupholme@openmethods.com