RE: Term Colors

Subject: RE: Term Colors
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 01 2001 - 10:38:37 MST

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Philip Good wrote:

> I figured that one out and I notice that the calls to the .sh scripts ARE in
> profile but for some reason it looks like profile is not getting called for
> a gnome-terminal, which is what I've been using. Where and when is profile
> called?

*profile is executed once, at login. Environment variables are inherited by
all subsequent shells. Aliases are not. I'm not sure why those aliases are
there (they will only work for your login shell), but you could add that
command to /etc/bashrc or .bashrc (*bashrc is executed for every non-login
shell).

-Hollis