Re: Error compiling kernel 2.4.1

Subject: Re: Error compiling kernel 2.4.1
From: Philip Good (phil@go2taichi.com)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 05:29:06 MST

Hollis

Do you recommend the fsmlabs 2.4.1 kernels? I tried the ftp source: linuxppc-2.4.1.snap.tar.gz *what is snap?) but I get an end-of-file
error after tar zxvf. I've tried using bitkeeper, but after following the bitkeeper instructions:

bk clone bk://bitkeeper.fsmlabs.com:5000 linuxppc_2_4

nothing happens, I just get an immediate return to the command line. (I've never used bitkeeper, so maybe I need to do something else?)

I appreciate ANY help. I've been able to install the 2.4.1 rpm from linuxppc but would like to recompile airport (do I need to recompile this
for 2.4 or is it built in?) and add in the keyspan usb devices.

Thanks

--
Philip Good
Red Planet Development, Red Canyon Software, Good Chi Tai Chi