Re: Yaboot madness and intrigues - please help.

Subject: Re: Yaboot madness and intrigues - please help.
From: Philip Good (phil@go2taichi.com)
Date: Sat Feb 03 2001 - 05:43:34 MST

I'm not sure if you can put your yaboot stuff on the HFS+ partition. Try putting it on the root level of the HFS 10.

Here's what I have to boot off of my HFS partition (6) by typing "safe", otherwise it boots up off my linux /root (5):

timeout=50
default=linux

image=hd:5,/boot/vmlinux
label=linux
root=/dev/hda5
append="video=aty128fb:vmode17:cmode:24"

image=hd:6,vmlinux
label=safe
root=/dev/hda5
append="video=aty128fb:vmode17:cmode:24"

This assumes I have vmlinux and System.map on hda6.

Also, if you are unsure of your Mac partitions (this confused me for a while too) use the volume view in Hard Disk Toolkit (PE), it will show
you all of the "invisible" partitions and make it easy to be sure what you partitions are using.

Good luck
Phil

--
Philip Good
Red Planet Development, Red Canyon Software, Good Chi Tai Chi