Re: Error compiling kernel 2.4.1

Subject: Re: Error compiling kernel 2.4.1
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Sun Feb 04 2001 - 04:02:02 MST

Philip,

I built my (working) 2.4.1 pre 10 kernel from a snapshot download from
fsmlabs. I haven't tried bitkeeoer or rsync.

I had some trouble with the kernel configuration initially because there
appear to be some dependencies between options (eg iptables support for
ftp). The menuconfig program won't tell you this so some trial and error
may be needed.

I ended up with a significantly larger kernel than is essential because of
all the USB support (which I don't need but have to include for the input
layer - this is to be fixed, I think). It also seems to use a little more
memory.

 Iain