Installing YDL on new G4

Subject: Installing YDL on new G4
erohrbaugh@softhome.net
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 13:22:13 MST

I am trying to install YDL CS 1.2.1 onto my new PowerMac G4 466. I just
downloaded CS 1.2.1 and burned it onto CD. I restarted my computer and
held down C to boot from CD. All that I got was a gray screen. Nothing
else ever happened.

Is there anything else that I need to do to get it to boot from CD?

I have also tried to place the yaboot components into my system folder and
boot from CD, but achieved the same results?

Can anyone shed some light onto my situation?

Thanks!

-Eric (a Linux very NEWbie)