Re: Compile error for 2.2.18

Subject: Re: Compile error for 2.2.18
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2001 - 16:31:34 MST

On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Ben Ricker wrote:

> Got the latest 2.2.18 kernel from .src.rpm from LinuxPPC.org

You can also get the source from kernel.org...

> but I keep getting an error in the 'make zImage':
> The error is simply 'Error 1' with nothing else (I do not have the full
> lines with me).

The real error is likely a few lines before you see "error 1". That message is
from make.

> With so little info, I guess my question is: how do you
> make the uncompressed kernel for BootX compatibility? I thought it was
> 'zImage' but I cannot remember.

The uncompressed kernel is 'vmlinux'. 'make vmlinux' or just plain 'make' will
create it for you. However, you'll have to fix your compile error before that
will work.

-Hollis