Re: Upgrading XFree

Subject: Re: Upgrading XFree
From: Philip Good (phil@go2taichi.com)
Date: Tue Feb 06 2001 - 13:58:10 MST

You can find most of what you need under software on linuxppc.org.

You should also download xrpm, as it let's you easily see what you have
installed and it makes rpm management a little easier. One thing I do if
I can't find it on linuxppc.org is go to rpmfind.net. They usually
aren't up-to-date with the ppc rpms but you can do a search on their
site to find out what package a particular library is in, then return to
linuxppc.org to get the latest ppc version.

As I recall, when I went to 4.02, after getting all of the dependencies
taken care of below, I still had some errors when trying to install due
to directories/links not being empty. After checking these directories
out they were all either empty or only had README type files. After
deleting them I was able to get the install going. You can also do a
--force but I understand that can get you into deeper trouble down the
road.

Good luck
Phhil

--
Philip Good
Red Planet Development, Red Canyon Software, Good Chi Tai Chi