9.1 Upgrade mangled YDL 1.2.1 on '99 PB Wallstreet

Subject: 9.1 Upgrade mangled YDL 1.2.1 on '99 PB Wallstreet
From: Jim Jagielski (jimydog@jaguNET.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 07:44:12 MST

Very strange thing going on here, and curious if anyone else has
had a similar experience... I was running YDL 1.2.1 (w/ 2.2.18
kernel) on a '99 PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet modem, bronze keyboard,
333Mhz, no firewire), and all was right with the world. I then
upgraded to Mac OS 9.1 and *blam* it refuses to boot into Linux.
Selecting Linux via BootX causes the normal screen refresh and
then nothing... No disk access, nothing. It's like it went to
sleep. Downgrading to the old disk drivers made no diff.

Using yaboot still works fine, but BootX seems hosed... Just
a heads up, just in case, for those who might be affected.