YDL/xfs (X) question

Subject: YDL/xfs (X) question
From: A S Hodel (a.s.hodel@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 11:52:56 MST

I am using YDL 1.2, kernel 2.2.17-something or other (latest release from
yup).
I seem to have mangled my configuration so that I cannot use X unless I am
connected
to an ethernet cable. Symptoms: when booting as a stand-alone machine,
three daemon
processes take a long time to start:

- sendmail (which I need to turn off anyway),
- xfs,and
- linuxconf (which I think I may want to turn off too).

When logged in, I type in startx and simply wait. Nothing happens until I
press CTRL-C, and
then I am returned to the Linux prompt. I don't know enough about these
processes to give
a more intelligent problem description, so if further detail is needed, feel
free to tell
me what details are required.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

--
A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elec. Comp. Eng.  Auburn Univ, AL 36849-5201
(334) 844-1854 Fax -1809 http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~scotte