Re: Install within X?

Subject: Re: Install within X?
From: Marc Stergionis (stermarc@home.com)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 12:21:04 MST

At 2/8/01 10:45 AM, Hollis R Blanchard from the digital address
hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu typed these wise words:

>On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Marc Stergionis wrote:
>
>> Is there an rpm-install utility within the Desktop/X environment to add
>> packages, or does that have to be done in terminal.
>
>Are you looking for gnorpm?
Doh! ... I am now! Although when I selected it from the System submenu,
got a good deal of disk access then nothing more. Maybe something didn't
get installed right? (Upgrade from MkLinux otherwise working OK)

-ms

"I wanna touch the earth/I wanna break it in my hands/I wanna grow
something wild & unruly"
--Dixie Chicks, from "Fly"
Marc Stergionis
Community Relations & website author
Benefis Healthcare www.benefis.org
"Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer."