eth0 not working with DHCP

Subject: eth0 not working with DHCP
From: Paul Nixon (aag62@dial.pipex.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 13:57:18 MST

Hi all,

I have recently installed YDL on Mac 7500 - with no non-standard
components - and have configured Ethernet port for DHCP. YDL is staight
off the 1.2.1 CD with no updated RPMs

When connected to the LAN with DHCP server I get IP address assigned,
gateways and DNS server addresses configured correctly but am unable to
ping anything on network, nor can my Mac be pinged from elsewhere.
Unsurprisingly, nothing else works over Ethernet either.

Network card is OK - it works with MacOS and must have talked to the
DHCP server under YDL to get the IP address etc. If I restart with no
LAN then eth0 fails to init and I get no IP address which proves the
address was assigned by connecting to DHCP server.

Can anyone suggest how I diagnose/treat this ailment?

Thanks.

Paul.