Re: airport for kernel 2.4

Subject: Re: airport for kernel 2.4
From: Philip Good (phil@redplanetx.com)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 19:11:04 MST

Yes you're right. Here were the fatal errors:

airport.c: In function 'airport_tx'"
airport.c:2177: structure has no member named `tbusy'
airport.c: In function 'airport_attach':
airport.c:2660: incompatible types in assignment

So I went ahead and got in there and commented out the following:

/*
 if (test_and_set_bit(0, (void *) &dev->tbusy) != 0) {
  DEBUG(DEBUG_TXRX, "%s: airport_tx(%s) called while busy!\n", dev_info,
dev->name);
  if ((jiffies - dev->trans_start) < TX_TIMEOUT)
   return 1;
  if (!netif_running(dev))
  {
   printk(KERN_WARNING "%s: %s Tx on stopped device!\n", dev_info,
dev->name);
   return 1;
  }
  airport_watchdog(dev);
 }
*/

which seemed to be some debug stuff, and:

/*
 if (!eth)
  dev->name = "airport";
*/

which I'm not sure why it didn't work but looked like it was in a PCMCIA
section (I've got an internal airport card). It then compiled and will work
for a few minutes, but then I get transmit errors.
Airport also shows up as dev eth1 instead of airport. I'll look into it a
little
more to see what's going on in there pr look forward to anyone else's
comments.

Phil