Re: /proc/cpuinfo for SMP machine?

Subject: Re: /proc/cpuinfo for SMP machine?
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 07:23:39 MST

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001 stewb@centurytel.net wrote:
>Can anyone give me the contents of /proc/cpuinfo on an SMP machine?
>I'm working on a project where I'd like to determine whether the machine
>is SMP or not.

 Below is a G4/500 DP running kernel 2.2.18. So the hardware is ready for
SMP, but the kernel isn't. Not sure if this is what you wanted or not.

Cheers,

Chris

processor : 0
cpu : 7400 (G4)
clock : 500MHz
revision : 2.9
bogomips : 993.37
zero pages : total 0 (0Kb) current: 0 (0Kb) hits: 0/3185 (0%)
machine : PowerMac3,3
motherboard : PowerMac3,3 MacRISC Power Macintosh
L2 cache : 1024K unified
memory : 512MB
pmac-generation : NewWorld

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada