Re: Problem with remote login - via dynamic DNS - still in trouble

Subject: Re: Problem with remote login - via dynamic DNS - still in trouble
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 14:07:19 MST

Thanks to Ben for ticking me off about the security issues! I installed
ssh. It works fine across my LAN but when I try going via the dynamic DNS
route this is what I get ...

SSH Version OpenSSH_2.3.0p1, protocol versions 1.5/2.0.
Compiled with SSL (0x0090581f).
debug: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: ssh_connect: getuid 0 geteuid 0 anon 0
debug: Connecting to iain.fakeaddress.com [www.xxx.yyy.zzz] port 22.
debug: Seeding random number generator
debug: Allocated local port 657.
debug: connect: Connection refused
debug: Trying again...
debug: Connecting to iain.fakeaddress.com [www.xxx.yyy.zzz] port 22.
debug: Allocated local port 644.
debug: connect: Connection refused
debug: Trying again...
debug: Connecting to iain.fakeaddress.com [www.xxx.yyy.zzz] port 22.
debug: Allocated local port 918.
debug: connect: Connection refused
debug: Trying again...
debug: Connecting to iain.fakeaddress.com [www.xxx.yyy.zzz] port 22.
debug: Allocated local port 868.
debug: connect: Connection refused
Secure connection to iain.fakeaddress.com refused.

So it looks as though the connection path is broken somehow - any ideas as
to what might work?

  Iain