Subject: MediaOne Cable Modem -- Won't Work
From: Curts (email@example.com)
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 09:55:37 MST
I have gone through the install for YellowDog, and everything seems fine.
I can't get my cable modem working though...
This is a list of what i've tried:
- Manually installing DHCP and DHCPCD from the cdrom and running them
directly (didn't work)
- Attempting to push connectivity with ifconfig (didn't work)
- Running YDL Setup and re-configuring Network Options (didn't work)
- Shut off other daemons (lpd, sendmail) (didn't work)
- Configuring through the redhat tool 'netcfg' (didn't work)
- Trying to use Static IP information, including dns and subnet mask
Anyways... I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion. This is the only
error message I've seen:
eth0 PHY reset timeout !
eth0 WARNING ! Can't find PHY
What is PHY? It's apparently what is stopping me from getting connectivity.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2a24 : Sat Feb 17 2001 - 21:54:23 MST