Re: kernel upgrade

Subject: Re: kernel upgrade
From: Bob Ourso (bobourso@ak.net)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 13:21:55 MST

I tried to get 2.2.18 running but also had trouble getting the keyboard and
mouse running on an old iMac 233...I was using the source (bitkeeper
stable) code from http://kernel.xorsis.com. I tried making the beast many
times with no luck, so I guess I'll wait til something better comes out.
Until then, I'm back to 2.2.17 as well...I may try some of the other
flavors available as time permits...Bob O

At 12:17 AM 2/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
>I've noticed more and more that people are running ppc/ydl linux with
>newer kernels then 2.2.17, are there any newer, pre-compiled ones out
>there that have good pismo support? I could never get 2.2.18 to compile
>with a morking mouse and keyboard(if anybody has a conf script for a pismo
>please let me know), so I'm still using 2.2.17. It's not very important, I
>just know that some of the newer kernels have better support for some
>hardware I own(like my rio 500 mp3 player). Thanks for any help.
>
>--
>Jonathan Bertsch
>bertsch.13@osu.edu

The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away...

Bob Ourso
Anchorage, AK