TB count ticks

Subject: TB count ticks
From: Steve Poole (sp@is2-isnot.com)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2001 - 13:35:33 MST

I have written a simple assembly code routine to fetch the TB count ticks
and return this back to my C routine. I am curious under YDL/BLL Linux, how
much time does each tick account for ? The reason for the question is that
under MacOS on a G4/400, there are fewer ticks taken to perform a
particular task than on my Dual G4/500. The reason for the routine is that
I have been converting most of the MacOS Altivec libraries to run under
YDL/BLL Linux. Thanks for any input.

Steve...
Steve Poole
IS2 / PeerTechnologies