Re: iBook and YaBoot

Subject: Re: iBook and YaBoot
From: Brent Cantrell (slycer9@mac.com)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 14:27:44 MST

on 2/19/01 8:59 PM, Keith Walter at keith@negs.net wrote:

> In article <B6B628FE.781%slycer9@mac.com>, Brent Cantrell wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 01:35:59 +0000
>> From: Brent Cantrell <slycer9@mac.com>
>> To: <yellowdog-general@lists.yellowdoglinux.com>
>> Subject: iBook and YaBoot
>>
>> I know everyone's sick of hearing this, but here goes,
>>
>> I can't get YaBoot configured for an original iBook. I've looked on the
>> archives, looked on the web, and can't find instructions pertaining to very
>> basic configuration. I'm pretty much a newbie, got suse, and YDL up and
>> running, but can't seem to for Q4. The most I've been able to do is have a
>> continuous boot loop, (keeps booting into the YaBoot screen). Please help.
>> Thanks.
>>

> If you leave Yaboot configured exactly as it was with YDL then Q4 should work
> OK. I upgraded my version over the net with their 'upgrade' script. It
> downloaded everything I needed, installed it all and it ran first time.
>
> Keith Walter

I tried using a yaboot.conf like I had with my YDL, (the YDl and suse are on
other machines btw), and part of my problem seems to be that vmlinux is over
in the linux side with LinuxPPC, and it's on an HFS partition with the
others. root is /hda/12 macOS is /hda/9 the boot partition, (that contains
yaboot and the fake system folder) is hda/10, and swap is /hda/11.

thanks,
Brent.