Re: palm pilot

Subject: Re: palm pilot
From: Jonathan Bertsch (bertsch.13@osu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2001 - 20:40:06 MST

> You need modules.conf. Are the requisite modules compiled *AS*
> *MODULES* per compiled into the kernel?
I'm guessing they are compiled as modules, I havent yet been able to
compile my own kernel, so I am still using one of ben h.'s 2.2.17 pre
compiled ones, and looking through /lib/modules/2.2.17... I do see the
modules that are mentioned on your web page. I was bored so I tried
ircomm-tty.o, it spat a bunch of stuff about unresolved symbols. As I
mentioned I didn't compile this kernel, but I have the felling that that
is not suppost to happen, but I could be wrong.

> depmod

I do hate to keep pumuling you with questions you probally are tired of
hearing, but what exectly is depmod suppost to tell me? Thanks for all
your help.

--
Jonathan Bertsch
bertsch.13@osu.edu