iBook 466 SE, and some problems

Subject: iBook 466 SE, and some problems
From: Ryan Powers (ryandv@mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 08:39:07 MST

Hi,
I got a copy of CS 1.2 from a friend. YDL's website says that the iBooks are
officially supported, but I've had nothing but problems.

First Problem: iBook shuts off loading kernel after displayiong something
what I think is pmac_ide.
Solution: I got kernel 2.2.15pre19 from Paulus' website.

Second Problem: During install, after copying the files, the mouse
configurator fails. If I run this seperately from within YDL it gives a
segfault.
Solution: ?

Third Problem: X setup fails because the mouse is not configured
Solution: Fix problem 2

I've seen mention of power failure randomly, but that's not this, and I've
read of people have the kernel sit where it says booting... and the only
time I ever got a problem like what was when I had the append="video....
statement in the yaboot.conf file.

I heard a mention of having to set some adb_xpmac_compat in the kernel args
to use the trackpad, but when i put that in the append="" statement, it sits
at booting...

I'm probably doing something wrong, because I'm can get around linux but up
untill I got my laptop back, I've never had a system I can put it on.

I appreciate any help, and please email a direct response to RyanDV@mac.com
I prefer direct communication, and I don't have much time to look through
digests.

thanks,
ryan