RE: iBook 466 SE, and some problems

Subject: RE: iBook 466 SE, and some problems
From: Harris Scott R CIV AFRL/SNJM (Scott.Harris@wpafb.af.mil)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 09:08:33 MST

I had the same problem with the mouse. The manual says that if the
installer crashes at the mouse configuration it means you don't have
a big enough root partition. Anyhow, making / bigger and installing a
minimal system fixed my problem. How big are your partitions? The
recommended sizes
in the manual are a bit on the small size.

I wasn't able to get X working on my iBook with YD, so I switched to
LinuxPPC Q4. If you
get it working, let me know. I'm trying to get XFree86 4.0.2 working right
now.

I've got an original iBook, so my video is Mach64, not Rage128. This makes
difference when you set up X. I end up using Xpmac on my portables instead
of
XFree86.

-Scott