Re: yellowdog-general Digest 20 Feb 2001 16:27:31 -0000 Issue 347

Subject: Re: yellowdog-general Digest 20 Feb 2001 16:27:31 -0000 Issue 347
From: Ryan Powers (ryandv@mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 09:40:22 MST

i've got a 5G mac HFS partition, 128M swap and 4.2G root. I think that's
plenty big.

I haven't made any progress yet.

although i've heard mention of a special iBook kernel, but I can't find it
anywhere.

thanks, ryan

on 2/20/01 11:27, yellowdog-general-digest-help@lists.yellowdoglinux.com at
yellowdog-general-digest-help@lists.yellowdoglinux.com wrote:

I had the same problem with the mouse. The manual says that if the
installer crashes at the mouse configuration it means you don't have
a big enough root partition. Anyhow, making / bigger and installing a
minimal system fixed my problem. How big are your partitions? The
recommended sizes
in the manual are a bit on the small size.

I wasn't able to get X working on my iBook with YD, so I switched to
LinuxPPC Q4. If you
get it working, let me know. I'm trying to get XFree86 4.0.2 working right
now.

I've got an original iBook, so my video is Mach64, not Rage128. This makes
difference when you set up X. I end up using Xpmac on my portables instead
of
XFree86.

-Scott