KDE/Netscape lockups?

Subject: KDE/Netscape lockups?
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2001 - 17:52:47 MST

Hey gang.
Anybody else experiencing this?
Seems like if I leave KDE2 running too long (like, overnight), starting Netscape
may lock up the whole machine (haven't noticed this with Mozilla, but I'm loth
to test any more than I have to...). I mean no ctrl-alt-delete, no nada. Can't
SSH in and kill the ksmserver, which is my sometime resort in situations like
this. Can't even ping the machine for that matter.
Kernel 2.2.18-8a, iMac 333MHz, KDE 2.0.1, Netscape 4.7
Obviously I'm now logging off whenever I walk away from the machine ("Doc, it
hurts when I do this!" "Well, then don't do that!"), but it just seems wrong.
Apps aren't supposed to be able to be so mischievous, are they?

Sam Moore <smoo@lungta.org>

Personal: http://www.lungta.org (not ready yet)
For the clan: http://smhtf.lungta.org
Work: http://www.ewcreative.com

"Good and bad, happy and sad, all thoughts vanish into
emptiness like the imprint of a bird in the sky."