Re: yup and bind update

Subject: Re: yup and bind update
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 10:37:57 MST

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 06:00:45AM -0300, Carlos Xavier wrote:

>Hi, I'm new to YUP and I don't know how to solve this question.
>
>I'm trying to update to the latest version of bind with UP and
>everything goes ok until I get this error:
>
>[root@risc ]# yup update bind
>Reading RPM database... (100%)
>Performing dependencies sanity check...
>Checking for package list updates...
>Done transfering... 255B in 9.7s at 26B
>per/sec
>Package list is up to date...
>Reading package list... (98%)Traceback (innermost last):
> File "/usr/sbin/yup", line 29, in ?
> yup.main()
> File "yup.py", line 198, in main
> File "yupdb.py", line 739, in ReadRemoteList
> File "yupdbfile.py", line 262, in enterblock
>IndexError: End of block not found

That means that there is an error in the package list that was
downloaded by yup. The next version of yup (which I'm working on right
now) will have better error checking, but for now you'll have to remove
the incorrect database by running the following command as root:

rm -f /var/cache/yup/Champion*/*

Then you'll want to run `yup install bind` rather than `yup update bind`
to upgrade to the latest version. Just so you don't run into trouble
you might want to upgrade rpm while you're at it `yup install bind rpm`.

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.           | Software Engineer
  http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/   | bstill@terraplex.com