Re: StarOffice in YD 2.0?

Subject: Re: StarOffice in YD 2.0?
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 14:38:56 MST

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Donn wrote:

> Hollis R Blanchard wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Peter J Muhlberger wrote:
> >
> > Yes. The PPC binaries are available from
> > http://penguinppc.org/files/pub/openoffice/
>
> An interesting note (at least to me) is that at the site for openoffice
> it states:
>
> OpenOffice is under continuous development. So please
> do not use this piece of software and then complain
> that you "lost everything". You have been WARNED!
>
> which is not found at the Sun site for the StarOffice 5.2 download for
> LinuxPPC...
>
> Am I being too nervous if I don't go with the openoffice version??

Yes. There is only one version, and it is in the process of being ported to
PowerPC Linux. What you will find where I've pointed you will be at least as
up to date (and generally much more) as what you can find at Sun's website. It
should not surprise you that Sun does not have PowerPC-specific release notes.

-Hollis