Yup v0.6.6 broken

Subject: Yup v0.6.6 broken
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 20:45:54 MST

Hi all,

Having had little success for a while, I tried to use yup again to
update my system.

The first thing it did was tell me there was a new version of yup. It
then downloaded this version and then restarted yup - which then told me
it had a new version of yup. This process repeated endlessly until I
stopped it.

I tracked down the downloaded file, rpm -U'd it and tried again.

This time it got further, downloading the update list and giving me a
whole lot of packages that it was going to download, saying "As
requested, I will do the following:". Then, yup bombed out saying:

Error: Package binutils is already installed and is the latest version

Seems yup is toasted - does it work for anyone else?

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street