Re: Switching from BootX to yaboot

Subject: Re: Switching from BootX to yaboot
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 20:31:17 MST

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Graham Leggett wrote:

> Documentation is a bit scattered, so I don't know if I have the full
> picture, but so far it looks like I will have to repartition my drive,
> or at least destroy my MacOS partition to get this working.

If you just want yaboot, then absolutely not. Please refer to pages 6.9 and
6.10 in the install guide (make sure you're reading the latest one!), which
describe how to install yaboot onto your Mac OS system.

If you want ybin (which is very helpful and I do recommend it), then you will
need a seperate partition (which can be as small as 1MB), but that can be
located anywhere on your disk (like if you have some leftover Apple_Free space
at the end of your partition map).

-Hollis