Re: on documentation

Subject: Re: on documentation
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 21:54:23 MST

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Steve Poole wrote:

> I too had/have some issues with the documentation and its layout, and as
> soon as I get some time, I will offer some solutions and possible
> improvements to TSS.
>
> This might be an option for Paul. In the spirit of
> cooperative development and overall product improvement, the advanced user
> community might want to add to Pauls potential document. If it is well
> received and has some road miles on it, I would assume that TSS might
> include it in their documentation as an "Advanced User" section with all of
> the necessary caveats.

Yes, thank you for adding that. For things that we cannot document or support,
users frequently will write up their own pages about it, and TSS would be in
error to ignore such effort. Perfect examples are the Voodoo3 and PCMCIA pages
linked to from the faq_solutions page.

In other words, if you (plural) find an area that you think deserves more
documentation, and write or find a page about that, please send me or any of
the other TSS folks an email asking us to link to it so others can enjoy it.

-Hollis