Re: yup and bind update

Subject: Re: yup and bind update
From: carlos roberto bastos xavier (cbastos@ccard.com.br)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 07:34:30 MST

Bryan Stillwell wrote:

> That means that there is an error in the package list that was
> downloaded by yup. The next version of yup (which I'm working on right
> now) will have better error checking, but for now you'll have to remove
> the incorrect database by running the following command as root:
>
> rm -f /var/cache/yup/Champion*/*
>
> Then you'll want to run `yup install bind` rather than `yup update bind`
> to upgrade to the latest version. Just so you don't run into trouble
> you might want to upgrade rpm while you're at it `yup install bind rpm`.
>
> Bryan

Tank you Bryan, it worked fine to bind, but when I tryed to do te same
with bind-utils the same thing hapened, and I've had alread cleaned the
cache as follow:

  [root@risc /root]# rm -f /var/cache/yup/Champion*/*
[root@risc /root]# yup install bind-utils
Reading RPM database... (100%)
Performing dependencies sanity check...
Retrieving distribution information...
Done transfering... 255B in 0.9s at 268B per/sec
Retrieving initial package list...
Done transfering... 669kB in 1.2s at 539kB per/sec
Downloading package list updates...
Done transfering... 113kB in 5.6s at 20.4kB per/sec
Integrating updates into local package list...
10 out of 58 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to yup.db.list.rej
Reading package list... (95%)Traceback (innermost last):
  File "/usr/sbin/yup", line 29, in ?
    yup.main()
  File "yup.py", line 198, in main
  File "yupdb.py", line 739, in ReadRemoteList
  File "yupdbfile.py", line 262, in enterblock
IndexError: End of block not found

I'll be glad to try the new version of yup for you.

Best Regards

Carlos