Printing on a networked HP Printer

Subject: Printing on a networked HP Printer
From: Vanja Bucic (vanjab@UDel.Edu)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2001 - 14:07:56 MST

Hi,
        I just bought a brand new HP LaserJet 4050TN printer, with double sided printing capability. It has RJ45 network port, and it works in a standalone mode. All the macintoshes detect it automatically through AppleTalk, but I am sure it supports other kinds of communication.
How do I use it from Linux? Once upon a time, I managed to get an old LaserWriter working under YellowDog, but it is all hazy now. Plus, this is HP with many more options and modes. How do I access this printer and use it's full capabilities?

Thanks.

I have standard 1.2.1 Installation, with netatalk package (which does not work!).