Re: Switching from BootX to yaboot

Subject: Re: Switching from BootX to yaboot
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 03:31:47 MST

Nic Ferrier wrote:

> Create a text file called yaboot.conf in the same folder. The text
> file should contain this:
>
> default=Yaboot-Linux
>
> image=/vmlinux
> label=Yaboot-Linux
> root=/dev/hda11
>
> What does this do? the "image=" line specifies the location of the
> linux kernel. I've put in here what the kernels seem to be called on
> ppclinux derivatives. Other possibilities are:
> vmlinuz
> vmlinux-2.2.x-... where the x is a version no and ... is some
> extra naming

I've managed to get as far as getting yaboot to run - but it cannot find
any of the kernels that I have defined.

When you say that the image lives at "/vmlinux", where does this file
physically need to be on the system? I've tried in the root directory of
the HFS partition, but yaboot cannot find them there.

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street