Re: Just trying to start it up

Subject: Re: Just trying to start it up
From: Hollis R Blanchard (hollis+@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2001 - 13:57:34 MST

On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, Brian M wrote:

> Hi everyone. I have a 500mhz iMac DV+ with 30 gigs of HD space and 128 RAM.
> I purchased the YDL Champion Server 1.2 in an effort to familiarize myself
> with the Linux environment. All installation went well. So I thought. I
> am able to get right to the point of restart, meaning the software gets
> installed "okay". When I try numerous different ways of booting into linux,
> it acts as if its not there. I have tried to two methods of botting. The
> one with the option key and the command line one. The one with the option
> key will think about it for a second, then decide that it can't find linux.

The option key loader will only work if you have installed ybin (which is not
the case with CS 1.2 or 1.2.1).

> The other way just, well, I forget, but doesn't work either.

There have been important updates to the files used to boot YDL since 1.2. I
suspect that downloading them (from http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support)
and repeating the bootloader installation section of the *updated* manual
(pages 6.9 and 6.10 - http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/products/guide.shtml) will
solve your problems.

-Hollis