Open firmware problems

Subject: Open firmware problems
From: kXe (kXe@ignitesf.net)
Date: Sat Feb 24 2001 - 17:18:34 MST

Hi
I have an iMac rev A and I just installed ydl 1.2.1
All went smooth

I rebooted into macos and try to configure yaboot

Now I have to boot up in open firmware (no problem) and type

Sentenv boot-device hd:,\\bootscript

Now the problem:

I have a french (azerty) keyboard and Open firmware assumes a qwerty
keyboard. Now the problem I cannot type a '\' . My keyboard behaves as a
qwerty except the '\' is just gives me a space.
On my (azerty)keyboard it is alt-shift-: but that doesn't work either(none
of the extended characters can be used)

Anyone has the same problem? Anyone knows a solution?

Thanks

Maurice Goffart