How to install Champion 1.2.1 by copying files to hard disk

Subject: How to install Champion 1.2.1 by copying files to hard disk
From: Lecter (Lecter@mac.com)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 14:56:34 MST

Hello all,

I have been unsuccessfully trying to install Champion server 1.2.1 on my
power Mac 8500 on and off for the last three months. The install would
always freeze during the first few packages.

When I was at MacWorld, LinuxPPC gave me a free cd. I decided to give it a
try. It froze too, in the same manner. This leads me to suspect that it is
my cd drive.

LinuxPPC had instructions on how to install by copying the files from the cd
to a Mac partition. I followed them, and successfully installed it! Whew!

Now I wish to erase LinuxPPC and install Champion server 1.2.1 (since I
think I will like it better than LinuxPPC's distribution).

However, I cannot figure out how to copy the files correctly. Or the proper
set-up of the hard disk path (when the installer asks where the install
files are on the hard disk).

Any advice? If the hard disk install is too difficult, I am more than happy
to install over FTP. Does anyone know of a server that will allow this? And
which path to what file do I enter?

Thanks for any help that you can provide!

Jim
Jim Krenz
Lecter@mac.com