Re: Problem with fbdev and 16bpp

Subject: Re: Problem with fbdev and 16bpp
From: Sean Riley (sean@therileys.org)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2001 - 17:54:40 MST

I did get this, kind of :-)

I found some posts where they mention that the fbdev device does not support 16 bpp, but will do 15 bpp. I make a quick change to my XF86Config and whala it seems to be working.

I now have 2 questions for you all

1) What the heck is 15bpp ? Will apps that require 16bpp have issues ? (i.e Real Player video)

2) How can I get a modeline for 1152 x 864 (The resolution the Mac runs under ?

Thanks