Re: Powerbook 1400c - 1GB HD - 96MB Ram

Subject: Re: Powerbook 1400c - 1GB HD - 96MB Ram
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 06:05:08 MST

Bad news: The PCMCIA controller in the 1400 (and 5300) powerbooks is not
supported in any way by any version of linux. To the best of my
knowledge, there is no way to make it work.

It *is* possible to run YDL (or other distros) using kernels from
nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net, but this won't solve the basic problem that
we don't know how the TREX (the PCMCIA controller custom IC) works.

Bo

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science                 http://www.derandomized.org/