Software suggestions

Subject: Software suggestions
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 03:26:50 MST

I have just moved to Ximian, and I have to say it looks and behaves much
better than KDE, and I don't get a segfault for every other action.

I would like to move to using Linux predominantly, but to do so I need some
commensurate development tools to what I am used to. I am looking for
suggestions and experiences to help me along.

Editor:
As good as BBEdit: wide array of language support, pcre pattern matching,
multi-file search, some sort of FTP support (preferably from within the
editor), and fairly intuitive so I don't have to spend the next two weeks
just figuring out how to use it (e.g., emacs, but I'll consider it if I can
be convinced ;-). External scripting support, or a really great internal
one, would be best.

FTP:
I am hoping to find a scriptable client, although that doesn't matter much
if the editor can support or call it.

All biases and shills welcome.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.