Re: ibook+ydl

Subject: Re: ibook+ydl
From: Andy Hocker (hocker@fnal.gov)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 11:39:15 MST

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 lascalla@gmx.net wrote:

> hello, does someone have experience with installing linux on a ibook(G3)?
> i want to try it with the ydl from ftp.yellowdoglinux.com. i have allready
> download the install folder, but dont know what i can do now. i need
> something
> to boot from for the installation. it should be a dual boot thing with mac
> os on
> the other partition. have made the first 2,2 gig hfs+, the second unknown
> 800MB for
> linux. my cd-burner is in my pc on which runs linux+win98. i can connect

You should probably know that if you want to really use your
MacOS files from within Linux, then your Mac partition should
be HFS and not HFS+. Secondly, 800 MB might be too small
for a Linux install, depending on what kind of install you do.

I can't help you with your CD-burning issues, as I've never
done it. I always feel a lot more confident in an install done
from an official Yellow Dog CD than from a home-made one, given my
nearly limitless capacity to screw things up.

Good luck,
Andy

Andy Hocker office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester phone: (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318 fax: (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500 e: hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL 60510 hey ho: let's go