Re: Powerbook 1400c - 1GB HD - 96MB Ram

Subject: Re: Powerbook 1400c - 1GB HD - 96MB Ram
From: Bo Brinkman (brinkman@cs.princeton.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 01 2002 - 13:40:35 MST

1. Well, I don't know for sure about your hardware. Sorry. :( I am
actually very unfamiliar with the workings of MacOS... It looks like
your driver is only available for MacOS 9? You will have to ask someone
who knows more than me on this one. :(

2. MkLinux uses a very old kernel. I prefer to use YellowDog Linux with
a 2.4 based kernel. My howto about this is at
http://nubus.tuxppc.org/plain_page.php?caller=powermaclinux.php3+record=77.
If you go this route, using the nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net kernel you
should be able to install YDL 1.2.1, YDL 2.0 or debian. I have never
used MkLinux so I can't tell you much about that, but my howto lists the
base package set for YDL 1.2.1, near the bottom.

--
William "Bo" Brinkman                         brinkman@cs.princeton.edu
Princeton Computer Science                 http://www.derandomized.org/