Apache on YDL question

Subject: Apache on YDL question
From: Trevor J. Mahan (tjmahan@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2002 - 15:57:39 MST

Hi all

Well, my dual 7600 project is coming along quite nicely. I've set up
Apache for the first time to run a small webserver here at my business.
I'm fairly new to this, and I have a question about robots.txt or its
equivalent.

How do I use robots.txt keeps the spiders out of a site? I have
development files up that I don't want
indexed or seen just yet. I'ts a trickly URL that you couldn't find by
accident, probably, but I don't want it indexed for another few weeks
yet.

Any ideas and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks:)

Trevor J. Mahan
Gris Gris Designs