Kernel woes but I am so close!!!!!!!!! :-)

Subject: Kernel woes but I am so close!!!!!!!!! :-)
From: Patrick Klee (drwho@futureks.net)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 00:54:08 MST

Hi,
        I built the latest 2.4 kernel, stable, because I am still a noob. However,
I am having the same problem I had with the default 2.4.10-12a kernel that
shipped with YDL 2.1: PPP doesn't work. I am using rp3 dialer to get on in
2.2.19. But when I went to 2.4.10 and even built a BenH kernel pre7 2.4.18,
but PPP does not work. It looks like it's dialing but it doesn't dial in,
while in 2.2.19 I dial in no problems. I am totally stumped and hate to have
use something other than Red hat ppp dialer. I even thought the kernel
daemon was broken, but, maybe I have to type something at a command line I
just don't know what.

If someone, anyone can help. I feel I have overcome hardest part of Linux
for me anyways.

Regards,
Patrick.