RE: Help with AOL Dial-Up, will it work at all?

Subject: RE: Help with AOL Dial-Up, will it work at all?
From: Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf) (app3dxf@ups.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 06:21:13 MST

Toastwindoze,

        Sorry if I misspelled your name. AOL is Windows and MacOS centric.
There is no way to connect to an AOL server via Linux or any other
non-santioned OS. This includes all of the UNIX world. (I am not sure
about OSX, since I don't use it. There should be a client out for it by
now.) I would suggest finding a mom-and-pop ISP in your area. I have found
that they offer the best service, least amount of busy signals, and will not
monitor your traffic. Anyway, good luck. If you still NEED to use AOL,
there is a way via an Apple Airport base station. You could use that as
your gateway to AOL. It would act like any other gateway machine. It
should have DHCP running on it, so you could configure your client
automatically. I hope this helped you.

Darren