USB Storage

Subject: USB Storage
From: Ferwerda Darren (app3dxf) (app3dxf@ups.com)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2002 - 08:52:05 MST

Question,

        I have been trying to get a Archos Jukebox Studio 20 to work. It
uses the ISD200 driver. I was able to get the device recognized under linux
as a scsi device on /dev/sda on x86. I am now trying to get it to recognize
on my iBook 500. I have compiled a custom kernel from ppckernels.org. I
included SCSI generic, and SCSI emulation. I put both of these in the
kernel proper, not in a module. I also included usb-storage in the kernel
as well. The device seems to not be recognized at all. When I check the
drivers in /proc, I see that usb-storage, scsi gen, and scsi emulation are
all there. Do you have any suggestions. I looked in dmesg, however, I did
not see anything that resembled what I received on x86. The x86 distro was
Mandrake 8.0 standard install, no custom kernel. Any suggestions? Thank
you in advance.

Darren Ferwerda
United Parcel Service
Infrastructure QA