iMac internal modem

Subject: iMac internal modem
From: Matthieu Amiguet (matthieu.amiguet@unine.ch)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 03:15:24 MST

Hello YDL users!

I just installed YDL on my iMac DV 400Mhz. Install of 2.1 was a complete
failure, so I tried 2.0 which installed very well. I upgraded KDE from the
2.1 CD, and everything is working nicely.
BUT: I can't use my internal modem. I saw tons of emails in the archive
indicating problems with that, but no one to give some kind of a howto... and
I did not see anything on the YDL support site.
Before, I used a LinuxPPC distro and the modem worked on /dev/modem,
symlinked to /dev/ttyS0, which was a char device 4, 64. But this config
doesn't work now...
Thank you for any help; it has to work soon or I will most probably switch to
another distro...

Matthieu

PS: Thank you to cc: answers to me, I only get the digest...